The following article is all about dry skin on penis – what it is, what causes it, some remedies, and a few products that can help your penis heal faster.
Dry skin on penis can cause an immense amount of discomfort, even if the affected area is not widespread. All it takes is one wrong step for your dry penis skin to rub against your inner thigh and cause enough discomfort to make you think twice about taking another step.
Dry skin on penis may not appear to be a serious problem, but men who endure excessive flaking, peeling, dryness, and irritation will say otherwise.
If you’ve never experienced this pain before, think back to the last time you had an ear infection or a cavity. Yeah, the discomfort can be bad – especially considering the fact that this time the affected area is among the most sensitive part of your body.
Dry Skin On Penis
Dry skin on penis can affect men of all body types, ages, ethnicity, and activity levels. Simply put, dry penis skin does not care who you are, or what your political stance is – everyone with a penis can, and at some point in their life, will experience dry penis skin to some degree.
While dry penis skin typically affects the head or shaft of the penis, dry testicle skin and dry scrotum skin is very well capable of occurring as well.
The most common symptoms of course include dryness, rashes, and itchiness, but many other symptoms can be present as well. These include flaking, cracking, heightened sensitivity, pain, heat, chafing, and irritation.
As you’ll learn below, it is important that you can identify all of the symptoms present, that way you can give yourself the best self-diagnosis possible.
Keep Reading: Best Penis Pumps For Men With Erectile Dysfunction
It is worth noting that extreme dry skin on penis conditions like sores, colored discharge, bleeding, blisters, discoloration, and unusual odors may be the signs of something far more severe. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, close your web browser and consult with your doctor as soon as possible.
Doctors are available for a reason, don’t be afraid to speak with one. Sure you might be embarrassed, but believe me, they’ve seen worse. They’ve always seen or heard of worse.
Dry Skin On Penis Causes
Dry penis skin can be caused by a number of things, most of which you will not be aware of until it is too late. Listed below are the most common dry skin on penis causes:
- Friction — Extensive sexual activity, masturbating without the use of lubricants or with the death grip, or even constantly rubbing your manhood against your underwear may all create heat and friction. All of these activities decrease the body’s protective lubricating oils to a minimum as well, which makes you feel discomfort in your now dehydrated penis skin. Dry skin on penis is also vulnerable to chafing, which means that even routine activities may cause tears in the exterior layers of the penis skin. The side effects of a chafed penis are not fun to endure, and may even force you to call out sick from work for a few days. That is not a conversation you’d like to have with your boss!
- Psoriasis — Psoriasis affects nearly 3% of the world’s population, but most cases of psoriasis affect other parts of the body like the head. On most parts of the body, psoriasis appears as dry red bumps or large grey skin flakes. However, psoriasis on the penis actually appears as a dry lesion that is both red and smooth. 
- Yeast Infection — Although yeast infections are thought to be something that only women suffer from, men are just as capable of developing a yeast infection. Men undergoing chemotherapy or who have a weak immune system may be prone to yeast infections. Symptoms include dryness, cuts, open wounds, creamy discharge, and peeling. 
- Allergic Reaction — Skin flaking, rashes, dryness, and irritation are all caused by dermatitis (eczema) and skin allergies. Common products that may aggravate your allergies are deodorants (both stick and spray), soaps, latex, laundry detergent, fabric dryer sheets, colognes and perfumes, sunscreen, facial creams, jewelry and zippers that contain nickel, and clothing with rough fabrics. Some plants including poison oak and ivy may cause severe allergic reactions in men too. 
- Cancer — Dry skin on penis may be a symptom related to cancer, but many other symptoms are better indicators – blood while peeing, unexplained swelling and bumps, and penis color changes are all penis cancer symptoms too. Nonetheless, it’s recommended that you contact your doctor immediately in order to get a professional diagnosis.
- Harsh Soap — Very harsh soaps and cleansers may dry out your penis skin. When washing your penis, consider using just water, or if you must use something extra, a very mild soap or baby shampoo. Hypoallergenic fabric softener and laundry detergent may help as well.
- Eczema — Multiple types of eczema including irritant contact, atopic, and seborrheic eczema can affect your penis skin. The first-line treatment for eczema is a low-strength topical corticosteroid. The skin on your penis is typically thinner and more sensitive than the skin found on other parts of your body, so make sure to apply medication carefully by following your doctor’s instructions.
Dry Skin On Penis Remedies
Looking to cure your dry skin on penis? Of course you are! Here are the most common dry skin on penis remedies.
- Use A Mild Soap — Mild soaps do not contain harsh ingredients that can irritate your skin. When purchasing mild soaps, look for keywords like Aloe Vera, witch hazel, olive oil, coconut oil, or lavender. I personally have been using this Dr. Bronner soap for as long as I can remember.
- Use Lubricants — Penis-friendly moisturizers and lubricants work brilliantly at locking in moisture, and preventing dryness from reoccurring. Look for products that contain Shea Butter and Vitamin E. Here are a few of the best penis creams available on Amazon:
- Man1 Man Oil — Made in the United States in FDA certified labs, Man1 Man Oil is an excellent penile health cream that soothes dry, red, and itchy penile skin using nine unique penile-friendly ingredients. Use this link to find Man1 Man Oil on Amazon today.
- BeeFriendly Penile Cream — This all natural penile cream from BeeFriendly will aims to rehydrate and rejuvenate cracked, irritated, chafed, dry and red, and itchy skin. Their masculine moisturizer’s anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial ingredients will help your most intimate areas feel as good as ever. Click here to learn more about this penile cream.
- Aloe Cadabra Organic — Aloe Cadabra is a two-in-one personal lubricant plus a vaginal moisturizer that is both FDA-cleared, and certified to NSF organic standards. Made from over 95% Organic Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, Aloe Cadabra will nourish your skin, while enhancing your sexual pleasure and comfort. To learn more about this personal lubricant, click here.
- Choose Better Clothing — Most experts explain that you can prevent friction by wearing loose clothing like sweatpants and loose boxer shorts, but I have mixed feelings about this. If you are a runner like me, you might agree with me that tight compression shorts can prevent further chafing as well. If you can adjust your junk properly to fit in the compression shorts, you shouldn’t have to worry about painful rubbing.
- Drink Plenty Of Water — Needs vary from person to person, but it’s important to keep your body hydrated. Your body depends on water to survive. Every cell, tissue, and organ in your body needs water to work properly, and is crucial for protecting your sensitive tissues. 
If you do not find any of these dry skin on penis causes and remedies to be applicable to your situation, it’s widely suggested that you go seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Keep Reading: How To Measure Your Penis Size Correctly (4 Steps)
It is also important that you give your doctor a full record of ointments, supplements, and medicine that you have used to help treat your conditions. For proper diagnosis, you might be asked to let your doctor know about your sexual history.
This article was written without influence from any other party. All opinions are our own and all research was done independently without a medical license. The information in this article should not be treated as medical advice. There are some affiliate links present in this post.